BASIL’S REWARDS PROGRAMME
We are always looking at ways to add value to your shopping experience and have weighed up the pro’s and con’s of the Livelife program vs our original rewards program. Certain benefits that we were expecting the Livelife program to deliver never materialised and we believe that our customers will benefit more with an improved in-house rewards programme. If you have accumulated points on your Livelife card, you can still redeem the points at our stores but will no longer earn points on the Live Life Card.
How does the Basil Rewards Programme work?
Each purchase will be recorded against your unique “BM” number. At the end of a quarter (December, March, June and September), we will calculate your spend over the three months and award you with a credit to redeem against future purchases. The credit will be calculated as a percentage of your purchases. The more you spend, the higher the percentage.
- Between R 1000 and R 5000 in a quarter – 2%
- Between R 5000 and R 10000 – 4%
- Between R 10000 and R 25000 – 6%
- Over R 25000 – 7.5% (plus VIP status, additional vouchers to redeem and priority service on rod and reel repairs)
We will remind you via our quarterly e-mailed newsletter that the end of a quarter has been reached and you will be able to redeem your credit (which is valid for three months) against a purchase at either the Durban or Umhlanga store, or alternatively via the on-line store (www.basilmanning.co.za) or using the personal shopper service (E-Mail
This programme covers all items purchased including things like bait and reels which are traditionally excluded from discount incentives in most stores. Further to this, any items on special or clearance will also count towards your total purchases. If a special deal or discount deviating from the floor price has been arranged with you for a particular invoice, it will automatically be excluded from the award calculations.
How does this programme differ to the Livelife programme?
- You get a higher percentage back on your spend.
- The percentage is incremental and calculated on your total spend over a quarter, whereas Livelife was calculated on a per-transaction basis.
- You do not need to wait for your points to be authorised through the Livelife machine as the calculations take place quarterly.
- No administration fees that erode on your points earned.
Redeeming your Credits
Confirm your credit earned after the end of the quarter with Customer Services in-store or e-mail
When you are ready to offset this credit earned against a purchase, you will be asked to sign the register which will be counter-signed by the floor manager to confirm that you have collected your reward.
Any queries or suggestions relating to this programme can be addressed to the same department.